22 July 2020 – To support the recently announced move online for SIGGRAPH Asia 2020, ACM SIGGRAPH’s annual conference and exhibition on computer graphics and interactive techniques in Asia, the SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Computer Animation Festival (SACAF 2020) has extended the deadline for submissions to 15 August 2020. Conference dates and more program details will be announced as they become available.
The festival is looking for new, innovative animated content in a host of categories. If your project used a computer for some part of the production, SACAF 2020 wants to see it! Creators from around the world are invited to submit their projects and help showcase the world’s best, most inspiring, entertaining, and cutting-edge computer animation.
An international jury of computer animation experts will judge the best works entered in each category; from that pool of top picks, they will hand out three prestigious 2020 awards: Best Student Project, Jury Special, and Best in Show. In addition, judges will select between 30-40 (or more) “best of the best” works from across the submission pool, to be curated into the two “stars” of the festival: the always spectacular Electronic Theater and Animation Theater programs.
Each year, the Electronic Theater and Animation Theater never fail to dazzle and delight conference audiences eager to sit back and enjoy an entertaining and thought-provoking sample of the world’s best CG animation. This year, online audiences will have instant access to both shows, as well as all the festival’s special programming!
There is no entry fee, and you can enter as many projects as you like. Join the festivities and help the festival honor the best in CG animation -- submit your latest projects in any of the following categories:
- Computer Animated Shorts: Includes character animation, narrative works, experimental works, opening sequences, game cinematics, selections and/or montages of animated television series, new-media format.
- Animated Feature Films: Selections and/or montages of computer animation created for animated feature films.
- Music Videos: Commissioned and/or independent works that use any combination of computer animation, digital effects, and live action to illustrate, enhance, and/or complement a musical creation.
- TV and Web Commercials: Advertisements created entirely or partially with computer animation and/or digital effects. This category also includes promotional spots, broadcast bumpers and graphics, and public service announcements.
- Visualizations and Simulations: Computer animations created to explain, analyze, or visualize information for applications including scientific research, architecture, engineering, systems simulations, education, and documentary projects.
- Visual Effects for Films and TV Programs: Selections and/or montages of visual effects created for live-action films and/or for television programs.
- Real-Time Animation: Game, web, and mobile animations that are rendered in the same amount of time that it takes to play them back. Real-time technology demos are also encouraged! Real-time technology demos should be submitted to Real-Time Live!
- Others: Computer Animations that do not fit in any of the above categories.
Please share the news with classmates, team members, and colleagues - SACAF 2020 wants to see their work too!
“The unique circumstances we face in staying safe while battling the deadly COVID-19 pandemic has necessitated moving the conference, including SACAF 2020, online,” says SACAF 2020 Chair and AWN publisher and editor-in-chief, Dan Sarto. “But we’re planning to take advantage of this new digital format and share our exciting programs of the best CG animated works with people around the world. We’ve extended the festival submission deadline to 15 August, so now there’s really no excuse for you not to enter!”
"These are tough times for the artist community as we come to terms with the economic impact of the deadly COVID-19,” adds SACAF 2020 Co-Chair and Destiny Logic Director & Producer, Siva Kumar Kasetty. “Let’s stay strong and support each other in whatever possible ways we can. Let’s fuel our resilience and passion to tide us through these tough times!”
- end -
About SIGGRAPH Asia 2020
SIGGRAPH Asia, the annual ACM SIGGRAPH Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques in Asia, attracts the most respected technical and creative people from all over the world who are excited by computer graphics research, science, art, animation, gaming, interactivity, education and emerging technologies. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 will take place in a fully virtual format.
About ACM SIGGRAPH
The ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques is an interdisciplinary community interested in research, technology, and applications in computer graphics and interactive techniques. Members include researchers, developers, and users from the technical, academic, business, and art communities. ACM SIGGRAPH enriches the computer graphics and interactive techniques community year-round through its conferences, global network of professional and student chapters, publications, and educational activities. For more information, please visit www.siggraph.org.
Koelnmesse Pte Ltd is one of the world's largest trade fair companies. Its more than 80 trade fairs and exhibitions have the broadest international scope in the industry, as 60 percent of the exhibitors and 40 percent of the visitors come from outside Germany. The Koelnmesse events include leading global trade fairs for 25 sectors, such as Imm Cologne, Anuga, IDS, INTERMOT, Interzum Cologne, Photokina, Gamescom, and the International Hardware Fair Cologne. Koelnmesse is ACM SIGGRAPH’s event organizer for the last 12 editions of SIGGRAPH Asia. For more information, please visit www.koelnmesse.com.sg.
SIGGRAPH Asia Marketing & Media Relations
firstname.lastname@example.org | +65 92329738
SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Computer Animation Festival Chair
email@example.com | +1 (818) 786-5402
SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Computer Animation Festival Co-Chair
Siva Kumar Kasetty
firstname.lastname@example.org | +91 99726 10354